Season 3, Episode 5: Love And/Or Marriage
Written By Raphael Bob-Waksberg and Peter Knight
Love and marriage have played a big part in BoJack Horseman throughout the series so far from BoJack wanting to confess his true feeling for his ghostwriter Diane despite her being in a relationship with his sitcom rival Mr. Peanutbutter to Princess Carolyn having feelings for what BoJack described as 'very obviously three kids stacked on top of each other under a trench coat' by the name of Vincent Adultman which not only went nowhere but was also extremely disturbing in my opinion...but what about Todd, does he have any plans for relationships any time soon? Let's find out by wedding crashing while asking the question of 'Love And/Or Marriage'...let's take a look!
LOVE AND/OR MARRIAGE: While Todd and BoJack crash a rehearsal dinner, Diane gets high with a client and Princess Carolyn goes on a series of blind dates.
- Emily-for those who don't remember during the episode 'The BoJack Horseman Show', we discovered that Todd had a high school crush back in the day where he managed to score the yellow beanie that we have seen ever since Season 1 of the series and it is here in this episode where the two of them finally reunite after many years where it also revealed that she was a huge fan of 'The BoJack Horseman Show' in a 'so bad it's good' way while being pretty much in love with BoJack to which BoJack appeared to be on for having sex with her as well by his reactions of which this moment between them is gonna be playing a part later on in this season during the Oscars campaign...if you saw the BoJack Horseman parody video that I made for the My Little Pony episode 'Student Counsel', you'll know the episode that I'm talking about and which scene hit so many people hard regarding BoJack Horseman
- Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter-seeing as they are having trouble putting their thoughts and words together about their relationship despite the fact that one of them is a ghostwriter-turned celebrity tweeter, it is also mentioned from before that Diane never had the support growing up as Mr. Peanutbutter did before getting a text from Alexi Brosefino about attending a party that night for her to take Instagram photos despite Mr. Peanutbutter wanting to stay in with Diane and reminding her to call him if she's out late of which of course she ends up going on a drug high in order to confess her feelings for Mr. Peanutbutter accompanied by some cool trippy animation albeit not as massive as the acid trip we went on back in Season 1's "Downer Ending"...and then when she ends up in the hospital breaking her wrist and not to do any more drugs because of the revelation that she is pregnant, it's gonna lead to what is gonna be a very disturbing joke as we will soon discover in the next episode!
- The story-just from the concept alone of BoJack and Todd crashing a rehearsal dinner, it unfortunately makes this episode feel like a rehash of Season 1's "Horse Majeure" where BoJack was trying to sabotage the wedding of Diane and Mr. Peanutbutter in order to confess his true feelings for Diane after everything they had been through together while writing his memoirs and I honestly don't feel like that's enough to warrant a new episode-at least Vincent Adultman is nowhere to be seen, thank God! On top of that, the subplots of Diane getting high with a client only exists to make drug jokes in order to meet the quota of adult jokes in this episode and Princess Carolyn's subplot of going on a series of blind dates goes pretty much nowhere since you can pretty much tell where it is going without even seeing the episode of which I could've sworn I was seeing myself in the world of BoJack Horseman on Princess Carolyn's first date based on how the character is designed up until her last date which takes the phrase 'a game of cat and mouse' to a whole new level
Overall despite being a rehash of a wedding crash, 'Love And/Or Marriage' still managed to be a pretty great episode in addressing the topic of long-lasting relationships and what love is really all about which for that earns a rating of an 8 out of 10
Season 3, Episode 6: Brrap Brrap Pew Pew
Written By Joanna Calo
When we last left BoJack Horseman, he and Todd crashed the rehearsal wedding dinner for the best friend of Todd's high school crush Emily to which everyone went crazy over the fact that a celebrity crashed their wedding...at least until BoJack almost put the brakes on the love train when giving his toast to the happy couple and despite being a rehash of a wedding crash from Season 1 still managed to patch things up in order for the couple to live happily ever after, but it looks like Diane may have landed herself in hot water yet again! Let's find out in the midway point of Season 3 simply titled 'Brrap Brrap Pew Pew'!
BRRAP BRRAP PEW PEW: While Diane's tweet lands Sextina Aquafina in hot water, prankster and A-list actor Jurj Clooners gets under BoJack's skin.
- Continuity with 'Love And/Or Marriage'-picking up right where we left off from the previous episode where Diane is at the hospital with Mr. Peanutbutter cursing him out on the revelation that she is pregnant, the fact that the two of them decide on getting an abortion since they had always agreed since the beginning that they didn't want kids while thankfully getting rid of the bestiality fears that were going through my head for the past year is also extremely disheartening because of how dark the subject matter is seeing as there are many parents in today's age that don't want to take on the responsibility of being parents for children thus resulting in them having their baby aborted...in my opinion, every child deserves a chance to live and to see BoJack Horseman as a series basically tell its viewers that it is perfectly fine to have unborn children aborted just made me sick to my stomach! I may not like children, but I would never want to see any child get aborted or see the parents go through with plans for abortion...this is another example of agenda pushing for those who watch these kinds of shows!
- The story-whereas in last week's episode 'BoJack Kills' where I was all for having a murder mystery scenario despite it being a rehash of Season 1's "BoJack Hates The Troops" in terms of BoJack making headlines for a misunderstanding that was blown completely out of proportion, I didn't think that we would be getting another rehash within the same season with the only difference this time being that this episode is a rehash of Season 2's "Hank After Dark"-all you have to do is replace Hank Hippopopalous with Sextina Aquafina as the celebrity whose career that Diane ruins and you're all set! On top of that, the subplot with BoJack Horseman and Jurj Clooners was just boring to sit through...whereas throughout the first two seasons when BoJack is trying to one up Mr. Peanutbutter which kept getting more and more entertaining and while I can understand BoJack's desire to win an Oscar for his movie Secretariat, seeing him and Jurj Clooners being at each other's throats while in a race for the Oscars doesn't carry the same charm or humor especially when the series is trying to tell you that being famous isn't worth it since it will only make you happy for a little while!
Overall, why is it that we always hit rock bottom during the midway mark of each season so far because 'Brrap Brrap Pew Pew' unfortunately managed to be worse than Season 2's "Higher Love" and Season 1's "Live Fast, Diane Nguyen" combined while also managing to bring our streak of great episodes in Season 3 to a literal dolphin screeching halt just by the mere concept alone that getting an abortion is perfectly fine...every child deserves a chance to live, but 'Brrap Brrap Pew Pew' shouldn't never seen the light of day since I couldn't even finish it from how disturbing it was and for that earns a rating of a 3 out of 10. All I can say at this point is...BoJack, you'd better clean up your shit and deliver two truly amazing episodes next week because this episode was f--king appalling and a clear sign that the writers have absolutely no regard whatsoever for the shit that's coming out of their mouths! F--k this episode, f--k the person who wrote this episode and f--k you too if you try to defend this episode!
Love And Or Marriage/Brrap Brrap Pew Pew-5.5/10
SEASON 3 OVERALL RATING: 7.33/10